Drone Flight Investigation Concluded: Stratford-upon-Avon male summonsed to appear at Leamington Spa Magistrates Court
Following an investigation by Shipston Police Safer Neighbourhood Team a 37 year old male from Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire has been summonsed to appear at Leamington Spa Magistrates Court on 5th July 2017.
The Police investigation surrounded the use of a DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone during several flights around South Warwickshire between December 2016 and January 2017.
The following offences under the Air Navigation Order 2016 will be considered at court.
1) Recklessly / negligently cause / permit aircraft to endanger person or property
2) Fail to maintain direct, unaided visual contact with small unmanned aircraft
3) Fly small unmanned surveillance aircraft during take-off or landing within 30 metres of any person
4) Fly small unmanned surveillance aircraft as described in 95(2) not in accordance with permission issued by the Civil Aviation Authority
a) over or within 150 metres of a congested area
b) within 50 metres of a vessel, vehicle or structure which was not under your control
c) within 50 metres of a person
5) Fly small unmanned aircraft when not reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made
PC Craig Purcell
Shipston Police Safer Neighbourhood Team