How to spot a cheat
Could your partner be tempted to stray? Scientists say people who have affairs are likely to fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Men and women who regard themselves as more socially desirable than their spouses (they tend to cheat soon after the wedding).
- Wives who report they get their way during disagreements.
- People who weren’t securely attached to their parents during childhood.
- Those who don’t feel their spouse supports and loves them.
- Men and women who are more open to new experiences.
- Alcoholics and those who are clinically depressed.
- Spouses who aren’t equally open and conscientious.
- Women who are more educated than their husbands.
- Individuals with a high income.
- Spouses who work outside the family home.
- Men and women whose jobs involved touching clients.
- Anyone who works alone with a co-worker.
- Those who have spouses with chronic illness.
- Anyone who thinks their sex life is poor — especially men with frigid wives.
- A man whose wife is pregnant.